Chocolate and peanut butter- my two favorite foods! These “healthier” peanut butter balls are the perfect dessert to bring to your holiday parties!
Peanut Butter Balls have been a holiday staple in my house for as long as I can remember. My mom, sister, and I make them every year to give to people as gifts and to enjoy ourselves. They stay good in the fridge for awhile, so we would eat them well after Christmas. In my opinion, you can never have too much peanut butter and chocolate! Although, the peanut butter balls we made were not the healthiest of desserts. This year, after eating one too many , I decided I would make a healthier version. This recipe is super easy to make and only needs six ingredients!
Vanilla Protein Powder
That’s It! I bet you already have those ingredients!
Yes, they are totally worth the 15 minutes it will take you to make them!
Keep them in the fridge and eat them for dessert with your lunch or dinner! Okay, I’ll stop tempting you! Here’s the simple simple recipe!
- 1 scoop protein powder
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 1 TBSP honey
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 TBSP chocolate chips
- Chocolate Coating
- 3 TBSP semi sweet chocolate chips (may need more)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- For the ball mixture:
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl
- Stick mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes
- Take out of fridge and roll into small balls
- Put the balls back in the fridge until your chocolate is ready
- For the chocolate coating:
- Melt 3 TBSP of semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 tsp of coconut oil in the microwave
- Melt in 30 second intervals so the chocolate does not burn
- Once melted, get the balls out of the refrigerator and dip them into the chocolate ( you may need to make more of the chocolate mixture)
- Put the dipped peanut butter balls on a piece of wax paper and stick them back in the fridge until the chocolate hardens
- Store the balls in the refrigerator
- Makes about 8 bliss balls
Like the recipe? Pin it for later!