Hello it’s me… pumpkin here making another appearance! Sorry y’all! I just had to throw in the Adele reference. Are you all pumpkined out?! I hope not! I love pumpkin and I’m not ready to let the trend die! I think one of the main reasons I like pumpkin so much is because it’s a seasonal food. I really only eat pumpkin around this time of year. I figure why not get all the pumpkin deliciousness in while I can? YOPO! Get it? You only pumpkin once (a year). Ha! Ha! Okay sorry! I’m really done with the corny now! In all seriousness, these pumpkin muffins were wonderful! They taste good AND they’re good for you! I made them with white whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, and pumpkin. Pumpkin is a great source of Vitamin A and C. It is also rich in other vitamins and minerals. That’s another reason I can’t let go quite yet! It’s packed with nutrients! Why give up something good so quick??
So let’s see, we have some whole grains, vitamins, fiber, AND even some protein! All in one muffin?! That’s my kind of muffin! Plus I drizzled these bad boys with some Wild Friends Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter. My all time favorite peanut butter! If you follow my Instagram, you probably notice I use it almost every day. Yes, I realize I may be addicted. Please just look at that drizzle!
Okay, I’ll stop tempting you! Here’s the recipe!
- 1 cup of pumpkin purée
- 1½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ TBSP coconut oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP Truvia
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Grease muffin pan
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl ( flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, and truvia)
- Combine wet ingredients in a medium sized bowl (yogurt, pumpkin, vanilla, melted coconut oil, cashew milk, and egg)
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- Add Chocolate Chips
- Pour muffin mix into the greased muffin pan
- Bake muffins for about 20 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean
- Makes 12 muffins