This simple Sweet Potato Zoodle Pad Thai is ready in under 30 minutes and has all the flavors you know and love from the classic Pad Thai.
This month’s recipe redux challenge is “Get your Veggies in Shape”. We’re showing off summer’s freshest fruits and veggies in shapes like ribbons, noodles, cut-outs, or other creative cuts. I recently got a spiralizer and I am obsessed! Ask my roomie, I have been spiralizing everything! From apples, to carrots, to the sweet potatoes and zucchini I used in my Sweet Potato and Zoodle Pad Thai, it’s all delicious! Plus it’s so fun to use!
My sister’s birthday is in July and she loves Thai food! When I heard what the recipe challenge was for this month I was so excited! Not only was I able to use my new spiralizer, I was also able to recipe test with some of her favorite ingredients. I developed this “healthier” version made with spiralized sweet potatoes and zucchini for my noodles. It’s such a fun way to sneak in some Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, and fiber. I personally prefer these noodles over the traditional Thai noodles!
My Sweet Potato Zoodle Pad Thai has everything you love about pad thai. It’s bursting with spicy peanut flavors from the creamy peanut butter sauce, spicy sriracha drizzle, and the crunchy peanuts on top. Make it tonight or pin the recipe for later!
- 2 heaping Tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ tsp rice wine vineager
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp water
- 1 heaping Tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 zucchini
- chopped basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- In a medium sized bowl, combine peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sriracha sauce, salt, pepper and water.
- Spiralize 1 sweet potato and zucchini.
- On medium high heat, heat olive oil in a large saute pan and add your spiralized veggies. (You may need to cook the sweet potato in two saute pans)
- Cook for 7 to 9 minutes or until noodles are cooked and golden brown.
- Toss in the sauce and serve with basil and peanuts.