My Balsamic roasted winter vegetables with goat cheese is the best gluten- free side dish for meal prep, thanksgiving, or your fall/ winter dinner menus.
This beautiful dish is a medley of fall/ winter vegetables like Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and red onion. It is topped with pomegranate seeds, goat cheese, and balsamic drizzle to add a tart and creamy dimension. Simple, easy, and most importantly delicious!
Do you roast your vegetables? I have clients all the time tell me, “they hate vegetables”. I always ask, “how do you prepare them?”. Usually the answer is, “I boil them”.
Truth be told- I’m not a big boiled veggies fan. If you like them, that’s great! I’m all about eating your vegetables in any way, shape, or form. There are just so many other ways to prepare veggies. Roasting is my personal fav! Roasting brings out the natural sweetness and flavors of vegetables. It’s simple to do and you can easily flavor them any way you like. I usually keep my seasoning very basic. I use olive oil, salt, and pepper then I like to add toppings. You can even stuff them like I did with my acorn squash recipe.
Tips for Making Balsamic Roasted Winter Vegetables:
1. Use a high heat
Roasted vegetables need high heat. As a rule of thumb roast at 400°F to 450° F. This is the temperature that will give you those crisp and cooked through the center veggies you’re looking for!
2. Use a large sheet pan
Don’t crowd the pan. Veggies are high in water content because of this, they will “steam” if they are packed on the pan too tight. Instead use a large pan or multiple pans and lay your veggies out without overlap. This will help them brown, crisp, and caramelize.YUM!
3. Flip half way through
This will help your veggies brown evenly without burning.
These easy balsamic roasted winter vegetables are certainly great all on their own or pair them with your favorite protein source. The vegetables are tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted until they get caramelized and the edges are crispy. In just 35 minutes these colorful veggies are dinner ready!
Balsamic Roasted Winter Vegetables with Goat Cheese Recipe:
Balsamic Roasted Winter Vegetables with Goat Cheese
- 15 x 21 inch baking sheet
- 1 pound Brussels trimmed and halved
- 12 oz butternut squash cubed, I bought mine pre-cut, but if you cut your own it will be (2 and 2/3 cups)
- 1 red onion peeled and cut in 1/2 inch wedges
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 oz Goat Cheese Crumbles half of a 4 oz container
- Balsamic Glaze store bought, drizzle to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place Brussels sprouts, butter nut squash, and red onions on large baking sheet.
- Add olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast 20 minutes until vegetables are softened and browned, stirring half way/ after 10 minutes of cooking.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, goat cheese crumbles, and balsamic glaze.