Chicken Parmesan… crispy chicken with melty cheese and marinara. I’m drooling just thinking about it! This has to be one of my favorite chicken dishes. I first made it my sophomore year of college. My roommate and I used to have “family” dinners at our apartment. We would invite all of our friends over for dinner on Sunday nights. We’d cook, watch movies, gossip, and just relax. It was a great way to wrap up the week. This was our go to dish! We even made it for dinner on our spring break trip. It’s that easy and that good!
It’s a great go to dinner because most of the ingredients you probably already have on hand. And if you don’t, it wouldn’t hurt to keep them in your pantry. You can always use some whole wheat bread crumbs!
The first thing that makes this chicken Parmesan dish healthier than your average chicken parm is that it’s baked- not fried. This saves LOTS of calories and fat, but still keeps the chicken nice and crispy! I’m a fan of fresh veggies so instead of the classic marinara sauce, I used these plump yellow and red grape tomatoes. You are welcome to use marinara if you’d like though!
Make this easy chicken dish a dinner staple in your home or apartment today!
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup of red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450
- Grease a large pan
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Once combined pour mixture onto a plate
- Cut chicken breast in half length wise
- Coat both sides of each chicken breast with olive oil (about 2 TBSP)
- Place one chicken breast at a time in the bread crumb mixture
- Coat each side evenly and place on pan
- Bake for 10 minutes
- While the chicken is baking:
- Mince 1 garlic clove
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half
- Heat the remaining olive oil and minced garlic in a medium sized skillet
- Add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until tomatoes are plump
- After 10 minutes, take the chicken out of the oven and flip each chicken breast
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through
- Take out of oven and top each breast with shredded Parmesan cheese
- Put the chicken bake in the oven until the cheese melts
- Top chicken breast with tomatoes and serve!