Looking for breakfast on the go or a dessert that won’t erase your workout? Look no further! These Chocolate Protein Muffins are the perfect treat to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
*I received samples from Kachava. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
I don’t know about you, but I am always craving chocolate! I don’t think I go a day without it! These Chocolate Protein Muffins are the perfect sweet treat to satisfy your chocolate cravings! They are a great grab and go breakfast option or a wonderful post workout snack.
I love having them as a late night treat or dessert. These muffins are easy to whip up and are made with wholesome ingredients. I used whole wheat flour, bananas, and some of my favorite chocolate protein powder- Kachava* to make them.
My favorite part is the white chocolate drizzle. The muffins are lightly sweetened with the protein powder and banana. The white chocolate drizzle adds a needed additional element of sweetness. Make these delicious muffins for your next holiday brunch or function!
Chocolate Protein Muffins
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup + 1 tsp canola oil, split
- ¼ cup milk or milk substitute
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash one banana and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla, oil, and milk. Add mashed banana to the mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, baking soda, and salt).
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Add ¼ cup of the mix to 8 muffin tins. Bake for 16 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool.
- Heat white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Add one tsp of canola oil after the first 30 seconds.
- Drizzle white chocolate over the cool muffins.
- Makes 8 muffins.