With the weather warming up, keep your snacks nice and cool. Try one of these delicious Cinnamon Roll Frozen Yogurt Muffins. These protein packed treats are great for breakfast on the go, an afternoon snack, or even dessert after dinner. Made with Real California Milk products, this is a recipe you don’t want to miss!
The inspiration behind these delicious snacks came from Real California Milk, the sponsor of this month’s recipe contest for The Recipe Redux. We were challenged to feature Real California Cheese, Real California Yogurt, or Real California Cottage Cheese in a healthy breakfast or snack recipe.
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Real California Milk products and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Did you know that:
- California is the country’s leading producer of milk, ice cream, butter, nonfat dry milk and whey protein concentrate.
- California is the second largest producer of cheese and yogurt.
- 99% of California dairies are family-owned, a tradition
- When you see the Real California seal, you’ll feel good knowing that the product is certified as having been made with 100% Real California Milk from Real California Dairy families.
In case you haven’t noticed, I have a major sweet tooth! So when I heard Real California Milk and Cheese I immediately thought, yogurt and cream cheese. One of my favorite breakfast treats are cinnamon rolls. That melty cream cheese icing and the ooey gooey cinnamon filling makes my mouth water just thinking about it! So I decided to put a different twist on the classic cinnamon roll with these Cinnamon Roll Frozen Yogurt Muffins. With warmer weather right around the corner, everyone needs a guilt free frozen snack!
I found some Real California Cream Cheese and Real California Yogurt (complete with the seal) and whipped up these easy muffins. This recipe make 5 muffins, but can easily be doubled to make more!
Cinnamon Roll Frozen Yogurt Muffins
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 4 oz Real California cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Real California plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp truvia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a cupcake tin with 5 cupcake liners
- Mix together granola, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and honey. You want the mixture to stick together. If it's not, add a little more honey
- Press a spoonful of the granola mixture into each cupcake liner
- With a hand mixer, mix together cream cheese, yogurt, brown sugar, truvia, vanilla, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Once the cream cheese mixture is smooth and well mixed, pour the mix into 5 muffin tins
- Freeze over night or for at least 8 hours.
- When you take them out of the freezer the muffins may stick to the tin. Wait a minute and they should come out with ease.
- Store in freezer
Give these simple muffins a try! You won’t regret it!
Pin This Recipe For Later