Trick your party guests with this healthy pumpkin treat! My easy Halloween snack board is full of nutritious goodies for all of your holiday festivities!
It’s that time of the year again! Haunted houses, spooky costumes, and candy galore- Halloween is here! Healthy eating can be a challenge on this sweets filled holiday.Thankfully, with a few tips and tricks we can enjoy the fun without going too crazy!
One of my favorite tips is to fill up on healthier foods before you start digging into the Halloween candy and treats. My easy Halloween snack board makes this a breeze! Not only is it adorable, but its filled with nutritious foods like carrots, bell peppers, oranges, and even a little dark chocolate. Showing us that eating healthy can be fun too!
Snack Board Stars:
- Carrots, Mandarin Oranges, and Orange Bell Peppers- to pack in some beta carotene, vitamin C, and fiber.
- Cheddar Cheese- calcium and protein
- Cheddar Cheese Rice Cakes- a whole grain chip alternative
- Blackberries- vitamin c and antioxidants
- 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate- for a little fun and antioxidant boost
Easy Halloween Snack Board Recipe
- baby carrots
- 1(3.5oz) 70% cocoa dark chocolate bar
- sliced cheddar cheese
- 3 cuties
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 (3oz) bag cheddar cheese rice cakes
- 1 mini cucumber
- 1 basil leaf
- On a round serving platter, create 3 triangles out of carrots or bell pepper strips for the pumpkins eyes and nose. Fill the carrot outline with blackberries.
- Break your chocolate bar into squares and cut each square in half. Create a “smile” with the broken pieces of chocolate.
- Line the cheese slices down the left side of the board and remaining orange ingredients (cuties, bell peppers, and rice cakes) around the black foods until the board is completely covered. You can always add more black or orange foods to fill in any gaps.
- Place the cucumber at the top of the board for the pumpkin's stem.