Is it possible to have chicken teriyaki ready in under 10 minutes? Yes it is! My Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki takes only 5 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to cook! Serve with broccoli, over a bed of rice/ quinoa, or on a flat bread.
“I received a free sample of Kikkoman soy sauce mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Kikkoman and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
I love Asian food! We have it for dinner at least once a week. Chicken Teriyaki is one of my all time favorite Asian dishes. It’s sweet, savory, and goes well with just about anything. There are so many delicious slow cooker chicken teriyaki recipes out there, but sometimes I want my food fast and with minimal clean up. Enter the Instant Pot!
I’m obsessed- it’s the biggest time saver! Cooking for two people can be challenging, but the Instant Pot lets you customize your cooking time and gives you the freedom that other pressure cookers can’t.
This recipe is so simple to make and takes just under 10 minutes. Simply whisk together the sauce, pour over the chicken, and turn your instant pot on. Check back in 5 minutes and your chicken is done. Best of all, there is only 1 “pot” to clean!
Now lets talk about one of the key ingredients in this dish- soy sauce. I cook with soy sauce frequently, but feel like it often gets a bad rep. By using 1/2 tsp. Kikkoman Soy Sauce in place of 1/2 tsp. table salt, the sodium content of the recipe is cut by 1000 mg! Now, I’m not saying to go dowse your food in tons of soy sauce, but substituting it in sauces, marinades, etc. can help you to cut back on the sodium levels in food. Kikkoman offers a variety of less sodium products: Less Sodium Soy Sauce, 50% Less Sodium Gluten-Free Tamari Soy Sauce, Less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, and 50% Less Sodium Gluten-Free Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce. Give one a try today!
What are some of your favorite Asian recipes? Share in the space below 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki Recipe:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast , cut in half
- ¼ c honey
- ¼ c rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ yellow onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp water
- Cut chicken breast in half length ways and place halves in the instant pot.
- In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients except the corn starch and water.
- Pour ingredients over the chicken and turn the Instant pot to high pressure and cook for five minutes.
- Quick release the instant pot and check the internal temperature. Chicken should reach an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- If your chicken is not fully cooked, place back in the instant pot, cover, and let sit until the temperature reached 165 degrees.
- Take the chicken out of the instant pot and shred with two forks.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode and create a slurry with the corn starch and water.
- Pour the slurry into the instant pot and bring the sauce to a boil. Once the sauce thickens, add shredded chicken.
- Serve over a bed of rice or with a side of broccoli.
Have leftovers? Try my Instant Pot Thai Chicken Flat Bread using my chicken teriyaki!
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!
Want More Instant Pot Recipes?