Tired of spending hours in the kitchen? My Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is healthy, flavorful and most importantly ready in under 30 minutes!
How has your summer been? Mine has been good, but HOT! These southern summers can get pretty toasty. With temperatures in the 90’s the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven. Thankfully this month’s recipe redux challenge is all about beating the heat. We were challenged to keep the kitchen cool by using a slow cooker, instant pot, or pressure cooker.
I can’t say enough good things about the instant pot. It takes a little tinkering with, but once you figure this awesome kitchen appliance out, it’s a serious time saver! My Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki is by far my most popular recipe. Hopefully y’all will like this one just as much.
Did you know July is beef month in Tennessee? I had the opportunity to attend an amazing “Nutrition Adventure”in Kansas City sponsored by the beef council. I learned all about beef nutrition and research and was able to speak with cattle ranchers, beef experts, and other dietitians from across the USA. Many of the patients think beef is bad, but in fact some cuts of beef are as lean as a 3 oz skinless chicken thigh.
Lean cuts of beef are the total nutrient package- high in B vitamins, protein, iron, zinc, and phosphorus. One 3 oz serving of lean beef provides around 25 grams of protein which helps build and preserve muscle.
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- steamed Broccoli frozen or fresh
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb thinly slices lean beef sirloin
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2-1 jalapeno
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 green onions
- Steam fresh or frozen broccoli.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to saute' mode. Add olive oil and brown each side of the thinly sliced beef. This should only take a couple minutes. You may want to do this is batches. Brown each side and place browned meat on a plate. Set aside. Turn off saute mode.
- Combine the chopped garlic, jalapeno, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, 1/2 cup water, and ginger in a medium sized bowl.
- Place the browned meat and sauce in the instant pot and set to cook for 8 minutes. Note if you double the recipe you may want to cook it for 10 minutes.
- When the 8 minutes is up , quick release the Instant Pot and remove the beef.
- Turn the pot on saute mode.
- Combine 1 Tbsp corn starch and 2 Tbsp cold water to create a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the sauce to help thicken. Add broccoli and beef.
- Top with red chili flakes and green onion. Serve over a bed of rice.
Do you have a favorite Instant Pot recipe? Let me know! Comment below with your favorite summer slow cooker or Instant Pot dishes.
Pin the Image for Later