Ever wander what to do with leftover dinner ingredients? Look no further. This Instant Pot Thai Chicken Flat Bread is the perfect end of the week dinner to clean out your fridge.
In honor of Earth day, this month’s recipe redux challenge is to show how we reduce food waste. I LOVE this topic because many of my recipes come from using left over food. I hate throwing away scraps of food and leftover meals. It’s like throwing money down the drain- no one wants to do that!
Typically, I toss all of my leftover scraps in a wok and make an end of the week stir fry. As delicious as my random concoctions are, I thought I’d change it up a bit.
My most popular recipe is my Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki. It’s quick, healthy, and most importantly tasty! It has become a staple for me and my roomie. I’ve gotta say, this flat bread take it to a whole new level. This insanely delicious recipe was made from the week’s leftovers. Don’t believe me? I’ll break down my menu. I put the ingredients used in the flat bread in parenthesis.
Monday- Kale Taco Salad (kale)
Tuesday- My Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken +Quinoa + green beans (chicken)
Wednesday- One Pan Chicken and Roasted Veggies ( carrots and onions)
Thursday- Chicken from my one pan chicken topped with sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese + massaged kale salad (mozzarella cheese and kale)
Friday- Instant Pot Thai Chicken Flat Bread
Instant Pot Thai Chicken Flat Bread Recipe
Click here for a link to my Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki Recipe (don’t worry- it’s ready in 10 minutes)
Instant Pot Thai Chicken Flat Bread
- My Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken link to the recipe above
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese or shredded cheese you have on hand
- 1 whole wheat Naan
- 7 thinly sliced carrots
- 1/8 th of an onion
- 1/3 cup kale
- 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- Thai Sauce ingredients for sauce listed below
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Siracha sauce to taste
- Red Chili Flakes to taste
- water may need to add to create desired consistency
- To assemble your flat bread, top it with my Instant Pot Chicken, cheese, and the veggies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- While it is baking, mix together the ingredients for your sauce. You want the consistency to be similar to honey. Simply add more water if it is too thick.
- Remove from the oven and top with chopped peanuts, Thai sauce, and sriracha sauce.