Can you believe Thanksgiving is on Thursday? I can’t! Time flies! I am always looking for new recipes to try around the holidays. Sure, you have the classics like the turkey, the stuffing, and the pumpkin pie, but it’s fun to mix things up a bit. I found an amazing recipe for pumpkin brownies on Rachel Mansfield’s blog. She is absolutely fabulous and has some of the most delicious recipes on her site. I am slightly obsessed with her blog and instagram. You should go check her out! You can find the link for the original recipe here Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies. The recipe was written by Christina Valenziano, author of the blog The Blissful Balance. She is another wonderful blogger. She has awesome tips for aspiring food bloggers as well as recipes and general life advice. Needless to say, I am slightly obsessed with both of them. Go check out Christina’s blog here The Blissful Balance!
Anyway, these pumpkin brownies are to die for! They are chewy, chocolately, and delicious! Just look at them!
Oh and did I mention they are made with whole wheat flour and greek yogurt? I don’t even feel guilty eating them. Plus the pumpkin adds extra nutrients like fiber, vitamin A, and potassium. This is my kind of Thanksgiving dessert! I hope y’all enjoy these chewy chocolatey treats as much as I did.
- ⅓ cup White Wheat Flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease an 8x8 baking baking dish
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, protein powder, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon) in a large bowl
- Whisk together yogurt, vanilla, pumpkin, and eggs in a different bowl
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pour batter into baking dish and place in the oven
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a fork/ toothpick comes out clean
Happy Turkey Day Y’all! So thankful for each and every one of you!