Short on time? Hate doing dishes? Don’t know how to cook? No more excuses! This Sheet Pan Salmon and Veggies with Hellmann’s® Light Mayonnaise takes away all those problems and is ready in under 60 minutes. It’s packed with better-for-you ingredients making it the perfect meal prep dish or family dinner.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Unilever® as part of the 2019 Agents of Change program. As always, all opinions are my own.
September is National Family Meals Month™, a food retail industry-wide movement to raise awareness of the benefits of frequent family meals. Research shows that eating meals as a family can have far-reaching health and wellness benefits to individuals and the community. Family meals have been associated with increased diet quality, better weight management, as well as improved mental health, academic performance, and more.
That’s why my sheet pan salmon and veggie dinner is the perfect weeknight dinner for all my busy families. 63% of Americans decide what to eat less than an hour before eating*. With a little planning and a few key ingredients, this super simple dish can be all yours!
As a dietitian, I am always looking for ways to get creative with recipes and limit food waste. Sometimes that means being resourceful with ingredients that you have around the house. For example, Hellmann’s® Light Mayonnaise is not only a delicious condiment for sandwiches, but it can also be used in place of butter or oil in your cooking. Hellmann’s® Light Mayonnaise has half the calories and fat of their Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise, but still has all the rich, creamy taste. It’s made with certified cage-free eggs and only has 3.5g fat per serving. It’s also a Good Source of Omega 3 ALAs (contains 230mg ALA per serving, which is 14% of the 1.6g Daily Value for ALA).
Cooking for 1 or 2 people? Make this recipe and portion it out into 4 reusable containers. Now you have 4 easy lunch/ dinners ready in under an hour.
Whether you’re cooking for a family of 4 or just for you, this beyond simple one pan meal is great for everyone! To learn more about Nation Family Meals month, head on over to https://www.fmi.org/family-meals-month and spread the family meals message in September with #familymealsmonth.
* The Hartman Group. Eating Occasions Compass 2013.
Sheet Pan Salmon and Veggies Recipe
- ⅓ cup Hellmann’s® Light Mayonnaise
- 2 springs (1 tbsp) rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- 2 salmon filets, cut in half to make 4
- 1 lb. petite red potatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut in rounds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large 16x22-inch sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- While the oven preheats, combine the Hellmann’s® Light Mayonnaise, rosemary, garlic, Dijon mustard, and lemon pepper.
- Baste each salmon filet with the mayonnaise mixture making sure to coat all 4 sides. Set aside.
- Add the quartered potatoes to the remaining mayo mixture. Toss and add to the sheet pan. Bake the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the salmon filets to the pan. Also add the asparagus. Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and the veggies are done. Note: if salmon isn’t all the same thickness add the thinner salmon filets after you cook the thicker filets for 5 minutes.