Savoring these last few weeks of summer with my shrimp tacos with kiwi salsa. These delicious shrimp tacos are easy to make and have all the best summer flavors.
“I received free samples of Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Zespri Kiwifruit and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
My family has always been a huge fan of Kiwifruit. They are sweet and slightly tart plus they are packed with vitamins and minerals! One serving (2 kiwifruit) of SunGold Kiwifruit provides three times more vitamin C than an orange and as much potassium as a medium banana. SunGold is a good source of antioxidant vitamin E. For this reason, my mom used to give us Kiwi when we were sick.
I learned a lot about Kiwifruit during this challenge. Did you know it could be a meat tenderizer? Crazy! I also learned there are different kinds of Kiwi. Zespri SunGold kiwifruit have a smooth, hairless skin and yellow inside. Most of us are more familiar with the green kiwifruit with the fuzzy skin. Zespri SunGold kiwis have, a juicy, yellow flesh, and a tropical-sweet taste. Perfect to balance out the spicy jalapenos in my salsa!
When I found out about this contest, I was so excited to get recipe testing. Most of the recipes I create tend to be sweets, so I wanted to challenge myself with this contest and create a savory dish. I came up with these delicious shrimp tacos with kiwi salsa. This recipe is packed with kiwifruit! From the sweet and spicy kiwi salsa on top to the crisp and tangy cabbage slaw with a kiwi dressing on the bottom. These shrimp tacos are decked out with kiwi!
My shrimp tacos with kiwi salsa are the perfect combination of your favorite summer flavors. They are smokey, spicy, tart, and sweet all in one! Plus they aren’t overly heavy which makes for a refreshing summer dish.Try my Shrimp Tacos with Kiwi Salsa today! They are sure to surprise and delight your taste buds!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Shrimp Tacos with Kiwi Salsa
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 lb shelled deveined, uncooked medium shrimp
- 1 +2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Kiwifruit
- 1/4 of a large red onion chopped
- 1 Jalapeno 1/2 if you do not like too much spice
- juice from 1/2 of a lime save other half for slaw
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Kiwi Slaw:
- 1/2 red cabbage coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kiwifruit
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- In a small bowl, coat shrimp in the olive oil and spice mixture. Cover and place in the fridge. Can marinate for up to 24 hours.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the slaw ingredients except for the slaw. Blend until it creates a creamy dressing.
- Coarsely chop the slaw, kiwi,red onion, and cilantro and set aside.
- Next, finely chop the jalapeno- removing the seed and membrane if you do not like much heat.
- Create your salsa by combining the kiwi, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir together and set aside.
- Pour kiwi dressing over the chopped red cabbage and set aside.
- In a large sautee pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until pink.
- Assemble your tacos with slaw on the bottom, then the shrimp, and top with the kiwi salsa.