Caprese Meatball Skewers
Looking for a fun new appetizer for all of your spring events? Check out my caprese meatball skewers. This healthy appetizer is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Servings: 24 meatballs
- 1 pound 93/7 lean ground turkey
- 1/2 container sabra hummus any flavor
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 of an onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 24 basil leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 mini mozzarella balls
- Balsamic reduction I used one that comes in a squeeze tube, but you can make your own
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine all meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temp is 165 or greater.
Assemble your skewers. Start with basil, then 1/2 cherry tomato, 1/2 mini mozzerella ball, and finally the meatball. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.