Lemon Asparagus Pesto Pasta
What can you make in 20 minutes, with one pot, and these 10 ingredients? One incredibly simple and delicious Lemon Asparagus Pesto Pasta. What are you waiting for? Make this recipe today!
- 2 1/2 cups dried whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 bunch of asparagus trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt pepper, red chili flakes to taste
In a large pot, cook pasta according to the package time (7-15 minutes).
When there is 5 minutes remaining, add asparagus pieces.
Drain and add the pasta and asparagus back to the pot. Add pesto, garlic, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
Mix well and serve.
*** Tip: Topped with meatballs, chicken, or shrimp for added protein