Slow Cooker Apple Pork Sliders
Fall is almost here! The weather is cooling down, football has kicked off, and pumpkins are everywhere. Dust off that slow cooker and try my slow cooker apple pork sliders recipe. This delicious dish is perfect for all of those Fall festivities.
- 2.5-3- pound pork tenderloin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 large Mott’s Fresh Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- whole wheat slider buns
- 1 batch apple slaw
- Apple Slaw
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw broccoli or original
- 1 Mott’s Fresh Granny Smith apple julienned
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
Cut pork tenderloin into 3 chunks, this will help it cook faster. Season each side with salt and pepper.
Place the pork on top of the apples and onions in the slow cooker
Pour the BBQ sauce over the pork. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5 hours.
Make the apple slaw by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Toss the slaw, apples and green onions in the vinaigrette.
Shred the pork with 2 forks and stir to mix together cooked apples and onions.
Load the shredded pork onto the buns, top with the slaw and enjoy!