Say hello to your new favorite appetizer, snack, or lunch idea. In less than 10 minutes, these 5 ingredient mini cracker sandwich bites can be yours.
This month’s recipe redux challenge is all things sandwiches. To be honest, I’m kind of a sandwich snob. I usually only like them if they’re toasted or warm. Two slices of bread, mayo, ham, and cheese… no thank you! For this recipe, I wanted to create a sandwich just as simple as the classic ham and cheese, but with a little more pizzazz!
Meet my mini cracker sandwich bites. These 5 ingredient beauties are topped with cheese, avocado, shredded chicken, and salsa. I love using low sodium, whole wheat crackers to add a whole grain source.
Mini Cracker Sandwich Bites Recipe
Mini Cracker Sandwich Bites
- 24 wheat crackers
- 4 tablespoons Mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado
- 3 chicken tenders cooked and shredded (rotisserie chicken works great)
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- Line 12 of the wheat crackers on a baking sheet.
- I used my toaster oven on level 3 for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. You can also use an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees.
- Add a sprinkle of cheese to each cracker.
- Place the crackers in the oven to melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted remove and top with sliced avocado, shredded chicken, and salsa.
- Top each cracker with another cracker to create a "sandwich".