This healthy turkey meatball recipe is great for kids and adults. You can use this simple recipe as an appetizer, main dish, or on a pasta.
Today is the day!! My simple baked turkey meatball recipe is finally getting a place on the blog!! I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to give it a permanent residence here. This is one of those classic recipes that I’ve been making since I started my blog and social accounts! I’ve shared it countless times on my instagram and it’s always a hit. Likely because, they’re easy to make and the recipe can be easily adapted if you’re missing fresh ingredients (i.e. basil, garlic, onions etc.).
They turn out great every time AND best of all; they freeze well if you’re cooking for one or two people. I’ve found that the easiest and the best way to prepare turkey meatballs is to bake them at 375℉ for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165℉ . Toss them in a sauce to serve as an easy appetizer or add them to pasta or zoodles. They would be GREAT on top of my Goat Cheese Spaghetti Squash recipe too!
How to Make Healthy Turkey Meatball Recipe:
Healthy Turkey Meatball Recipe
- 1 lb 93/7 lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, or 1 tsp dried basil or Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced, or 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 small onion, diced, or 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all ingredients together thoroughly with your hands. Roll into about 15 meatballs and place on sheet pan. Bake until golden brown, about 15- 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve on top of pasta or zoodles, as an appetizer, or even on a grain bowl.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to hear from you! Don’t forget to leave a comment and give it a star rating below! AND Tag @chelsealeblancrdn on Instagram and hashtag it #chelseaschoices