Do you love buffalo chicken dip? If so, this healthy buffalo chicken spaghetti squash recipe is for you! Cheesy, creamy, spicy and delicious!
“I received free samples of Cabot Cheese mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Cabot Cheese and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Where are my buffalo chicken fans? This recipe is for you! It was inspired by my boyfriend and one of my best friends- both avid buffalo fans. This dish packs in all the spicy and tangy buffalo flavors that you love, but with a healthy twist. Basically it’s buffalo chicken dip with a large serving of veggies. AKA the perfect dinner for Sunday or Monday night football.
Pin the Recipe for Later
Made with just 13 simple ingredients (most of which, you probably have on hand), this budget friendly meal will become a new family favorite. It already has in my house!
The star of this recipe has to be the Vermont Sharp Cabot Cheese. This award winning lactose free cheese is absolutely delicious. The bold flavor, creamy texture, and smooth finish takes this meal over the top!! I love that the cabot cheddars are 100% naturally lactose free- making them a safe option for my lactose intolerant clients and friends. They are also naturally gluten free and naturally aged. Cabot is a cooperative owned by 800 farm families throughout New England & New York and 100% of profits go back to the farmers. In addition to a full line of cheeses, Cabot makes Greek yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, butter and whey protein. YUM!
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken 2 chicken breast or 4 chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- ½ cup red bell pepper about ½ of one red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving
To roast the squash:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice both ends from squash and discard. If you find the squash is hard to cut, you can put it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. This will help soften it and make it easier to cut.
- Stand squash up on one of it’s cut ends and use a large knife to cut the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop seeds and stringy insides out using a large spoon and discard.
- Baste each half with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Baking time will depend on the size of your squash, larger squash will require a longer cook time. When squash is tender, allow to cool slightly before using a fork to gently scrape the squash into a large bowl. Reserve the squash shells.
- While squash is roasting, cook the chicken, dice the veggies, and shred the cheese.
To cook the chicken:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add chicken breast and turn down the heat to medium high.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees.
- Move the chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks.
- *** Crunch for time? You can always use rotisserie chicken too!
To assemble the stuffed squash:
- Place squash shreds, chicken, 1 cup of the Cabot cheese, yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, bell pepper, 1 green onion, and buffalo sauce in a large bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Spoon squash mixture into the squash shells. Sprinkle each half with the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Return the stuffed shells back to the baking sheet and place in a 375°F oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with ranch or blue cheese dressing and sprinkle with remaining green onions.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?