This healthy oven roasted mini sweet peppers with broccoli and red onion recipe will now be your go to weekly meal prep recipe. Use these veggies in Mexican, Indian, or Asian inspired dishes.
Y’all, I’m telling you- this recipe (if you can even call it that) will be your new BFF for meal prep. I make these roasted veggies weekly! They are just so versatile and taste great with everything!
Pin This to Save the Recipe for Later
All you need is 5 simple ingredients:
Mini Sweet Peppers, Broccoli, Onions, Olive Oil, and Salt. That’s it!
I’m a big fan of meal prep, but I get bored if I eat the same meals all the time. By lightly seasoning these veggies you can eat them all week with just about anything. They are great on their own, but I also love using them in grain bowls. Simply pick a grain and protein of your choice add these veggies and a sauce like tzatziki, teriyaki, buffalo, or curry.
Grain Bowl Formula:
Protein (chicken, shrimp, beef, turkey, fish, chicken sausage, edamame, chickpeas etc.) +
Grain (brown rice, quinoa, couscous, farro) +
These veggies +
Sauce (tzatziki, teriyaki, buffalo, or curry)
Mini Sweet Peppers with Broccoli and Onion Recipe:
Mini Sweet Peppers with Broccoli and Onion
- 15 x 21 inch baking sheet
- 1 16 oz bag of mini sweet bell peppers
- 1 red onion peeled and diced
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F . Place veggies on a large baking sheet. Drizzle the top with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Using your hands or a spoon, toss veggies in the olive oil and salt.
- Place in the oven and set timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the veggies from the oven and flip using a spatula. Bake for another 5-10 minutes. I like mine more crisp so I usually do 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use as a side, grain bowl topper, or in a fajita.