Tuesdays were made for tacos! Add a little variety to your taco night and make my simple chicken lettuce wrap tacos. I bet you already have most of these ingredients!
I don’t know when this “Taco Tuesday” trend started, but I’m a fan! With all the different taco varieties out there, this designated day to eat tacos let’s you try a new “flavor” each week.
This months recipe redux challenge is all about tacos! Click the link below and check out the ways my fellow RDs are making Tacos.
You can never go wrong with the classic ground beef taco, but my chicken lettuce wrap tacos give them a run for their money. The recipe is so simple and can be put together in under 10 minutes. (Under 30 if you have to cook the chicken). One of my favorite time saver tips is to grill a large batch of chicken tenders at once. Freeze the chicken tenders and then pull them out whenever you need them. They are great additions to lunch and dinner when you’re in a pinch.
Don’t have the chicken pre-cooked? No problem! Simply grill the chicken and serve in an uncut leaf of romaine lettuce. Top with your favorite taco toppings. I had cheese, salsa, and avocado on hand, but feel free to get creative with toppings like guacamole, jalapeno, black beans, tomatoes, or corn.
Chicken Lettuce Wrap Tacos
- 6 chicken tenders
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 leaves of lettuce
- Toppings of choice (Mexican cheese blend, avocado, salsa, etc.)
- Marinate chicken in olive oil, Worcestershire sauce , and spice mixture for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees- about 5 minutes on each side.
- Use the lettuce leaves as the taco shell and top with your favorite taco toppings.