Don’t these protein pancakes scream love!? Strawberries, chocolate, and pancakes! Insert the heart eye emoji here!
Love is in the air! With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I decided to make a batch of the protein pancakes I made for the Bachelor premier. Think about it, this protein packed stack is basically dessert for breakfast. Pancakes topped with chocolate and strawberries! You really can’t go wrong with these.
This single serving recipe makes 3 heart shaped pancakes. If you are making them for you and your special someone double (or even triple) the recipe. You can always freeze the extras! They are so easy to make and I’m sure you have most of these ingredients too. Along with the chocolate and strawberries, I topped my pancakes with some Siggi’s vanilla yogurt. It added an extra creaminess and some extra protein.
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3 TBSP egg whites
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBSP cashew milk
- 1 tsp Truvia
- ½ TBSP flour
- ½ TBSP white whole wheat flour
- Siggis Vanilla Skyr (or vanilla Greek yogurt)
- Dark Chocolate Chunks
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together
- Make sure the batter is well stirred and there are no clumps
- Heat a skillet on medium low heat
- Spray the skillet with a nonstick cooking spray
- Pour batter into pancake shaped rounds
- Let the first side cook for approximately 3 minutes
- You will know the pancake is ready to flip when the top starts getting small air bubbles
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional minute
- Top with the chocolate chunks, strawberries, and vanilla yogurt
Make some of these for you and your sweetheart today!
Pin this recipe for Valentine’s day! Just hover over the image!
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!!