Fall is almost here! The weather is cooling down, football has kicked off, and pumpkins are everywhere. Dust off that slow cooker and try my slow cooker apple pork sliders recipe. This delicious dish is perfect for all of those Fall festivities.
This Apple Pork Sliders Recipe is sponsored by Mott’s® Fresh. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Does anyone else feel like once September hits its basically Christmas? Halloween comes and goes; then Thanksgiving and Christmas a here! Having a recipe on hand to whip up for holiday entertaining, tailgating or just an easy week night dinner is crucial to stay sane.
These apple pork sliders are super tender and juicy. The crunchy and tangy apple slaw adds the perfect flavor balance. The real stars of this recipe are the Mott’s® Fresh Granny Smith apples. Their sweet and tart flavor makes this dish truly mouthwatering.
Did you know national apple week is October 21st– 30th? Join Mott’s Fresh in celebration with their F-APPLE-OUS Fall Contest that kicks off on October 1st. Find out more info here.
Love apples? Check out Mott’s recipe page for more delicious Mott’s Fresh apple recipes.
Slow Cooker Apple Pork Sliders Recipe
Slow Cooker Apple Pork Sliders
- 2.5-3- pound pork tenderloin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 large Mott’s Fresh Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- whole wheat slider buns
- 1 batch apple slaw
- Apple Slaw
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw broccoli or original
- 1 Mott’s Fresh Granny Smith apple julienned
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- Cut pork tenderloin into 3 chunks, this will help it cook faster. Season each side with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork on top of the apples and onions in the slow cooker
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the pork. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- Make the apple slaw by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Toss the slaw, apples and green onions in the vinaigrette.
- Shred the pork with 2 forks and stir to mix together cooked apples and onions.
- Load the shredded pork onto the buns, top with the slaw and enjoy!
Like the recipe? Pin it for later!
My apple pork sliders meet all of your entertaining needs. Give them a try and let me know what you think!