What do you get when you take one pan + chicken + veggies x 30 minutes? One super simple and delicious complete dinner! My One Pan Caprese Chicken and Veggies will soon be your family’s favorite!
Fall is finally here! School is back in session, days are getting shorter, and my to do list just keeps getting longer and longer. Finding the time to make a healthy dinner every night can be a challenge. This simple one pan caprese chicken and veggies recipe makes dinner a breeze. In under 30 minutes, this delicious Italian meal can be on your family’s dinner table. Plus clean up couldn’t be easier!
In college, I had the privilege to study abroad in Florence, Italy. I took an art history class and a cooking class. I learned so much about the Mediterranean cuisine and culinary techniques. This once in a life time experience is the inspiration behind many of my dishes.
The traditional caprese salad combines juicy, ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, salt, pepper and olive oil drizzle. My one pan caprese chicken and veggies recipe has all of these flavors plus a couple more. The key to this dish is the balsamic marinade and balsamic drizzle. I marinated my chicken overnight to help the flavors fully absorb. As for the balsamic drizzle, I totally cheat. For the life of me, I can’t make a balsamic reduction with out burning it! Probably because I get distracted doing something else. Luckily I found squeeze bottle balsamic reduction at the grocery store a few months back. Total game changer. No more burnt sugar and balsamic for me! Now, if you’re a pro reduction maker, go right ahead and make yours from scratch. I’ll stick with my lazy girl squeeze bottle.
One Pan Caprese Chicken and Veggies Recipe
One Pan Caprese Chicken and Veggies
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Chicken and Veggies
- 4 chicken tenders or 2 chicken breast halved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb green beans trimmed
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil chiffonade
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- balsamic reduction store bought
- Whisk together all of the Balsamic Marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons and place in a small bowl. Store in the fridge. This will be your veggie marinade.
- Pour remaining marinade in a plastic bag. Add chicken and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator 6-8 hours. I let mine marinate over night.
- When ready to cook, let chicken sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Meanwhile prep vegetables and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add green beans and tomatoes to baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon olive and 1/4 teaspoon salt to reserved balsamic marinade. Drizzle the sauce over the veggies and toss in the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the pan and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top chicken with mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction and garnish with fresh basil.
- Note: Double the recipe for a family of 4.
Like this easy dinner idea? Pin it!